Bonded Tooth Coloured and White Fillings in Sunshine Coast
At Oris Dental, we offer tooth fillings that match the natural colour of your teeth!
An increasingly popular alternative to silver amalgam fillings is composite white fillings. Unlike amalgam fillings, composite fillings are virtually invisible and our team at Oris Dental can shade them according to the colour of your teeth to create a perfect match, giving you a beautiful, white smile!
Dental Filling Process
- First, the targeted tooth is prepared to remove decay.
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth.
- The composite material is placed and moulded to your tooth structure.
- The material is hardened by focusing intense light rays on it for about a minute.
- The tooth filling is now complete.
When the process is finished, the dentist will shape the composite to fit the tooth. The dentist then polishes the composite to prevent staining and early wear. Following which, you have a bright and natural-looking new tooth!
Benefits of White Tooth Fillings
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel.
- Because composite fillings can be created in smaller preparations, less of your tooth structure is lost and less drilling is needed.
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel.The material is made from acrylic and glass particles, containing no mercury or other metals.
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure, and insulates against temperature changes.