What is accreditation?
Accreditation is independent recognition that an organisation, service, program or activity meets the requirements of defined criteria or standards. Accreditation provides quality and performance assurance for owners, managers, staff, funding bodies and consumers. Accreditation is a tool to measure and improve performance and outcomes.
Oris dental is proud to announce that we are a QIP accredited practice. The attainment of these standards means a dental practice has proven to be of the highest calibre in delivering quality patient care within Australia.
Accreditation can help an organisation to:
- Provide independent recognition that the organisation is committed to safety and quality
- Foster a culture of quality
- Provide consumers with confidence
- Build a better, more efficient organisation with quality and performance assurance
- Increase capability
- Reduce risk
- Provide a competitive advantage over organisations that are not accredited, and
- Comply with regulatory requirements, where relevant.
- Quality Innovation Performance (QIP) assists organisations to choose the quality improvement framework best suited for them.
Accreditation assists dental practices to:
- Build a culture of quality and patient safety
- Reduce clinical and general risks
- Educate and engage staff in quality improvement processes and systems
- Establish competitive advantage over non-accredited dental practices, and
- Promote the quality and safety of services to both patients and the community.
- Dental practices accredited by QIP are encouraged to promote their achievement of accreditation through use of the Approved Accredited Symbol.