Oris Dental is proud to be the only dental practice on the Sunshine Coast that provides after hours emergency dentist helpline.
At Oris Dental, we realize that an emergency can happen any time and generally at the worst time possible and there are not many after hours dentist or dental offices that have 24 hour emergency dentist in Sunshine Coast. As such, we offer you after hours dental care services, wherein we provide the required assistance via emergency 24 hour dentist who can help alleviate dental pain and ensure that the damage doesn’t become worse.
While we are not a 24-hour dental practice, we do offer after hour emergency services helpline, wherein, we transfer the distress calls that we receive to qualified after hours dentists who provide timely advice that could get you out of spot, until you can make an appointment with your dentist. Through our after hours emergency services, we were able to provide valuable aid to many Sunshine Coast residents when no other assistance was in sight.
24-hour Emergency Dentist Near Me
Oris Dental after hours emergency service helpline has proven to be a helpful resource for many patients dealing with dental emergencies in Sunshine Coast. Also, thanks to the team of experienced after hours dentists, all dental emergencies are addressed in an efficient manner and the best solutions are offered as per individual needs and requirements.
To give you an overview of what the after hours dental care services comprise, here is a list of common dental emergencies for which after hours emergency dental services are available. Please note that these emergencies may include treatment or just advice.
List of Common Dental Emergencies
- Toothache: This is one of the most common dental emergencies that may require immediate care in order alleviate pain and discomfort. The causes of toothache can be many; severe tooth decay, dental infection, etc. If you are experiencing extreme unbearable pain, then call our helpline for emergency dental services.
- Dental Abscess: Caused by a bacterial infection, dental abscess refers to the collection of pus inside the tooth, in the bone or gums. This infection gradually builds-up if not taken care and in most cases, can spread to your jaw as well as other areas of your head or neck. This would require emergency tooth extractions in order to keep the infection from spreading further. For this, sedation is available.
- Wisdom Tooth Extractions: You may require an emergency dentist in the event of wisdom tooth abscess which can cause you acute pain. Here, a wisdom tooth extraction procedure is need to prevent damage to your gums. Here, too, sedation is available for extractions.
- Broken Filling: Dental fillings are a common treatment that helps replace natural tooth material caused by tooth decay. Over time, it can get worn out due to drinking, eating, teeth grinding or clenching and needs replacement. In cases, where the filling falls out during eating, the tissues are exposed, which can cause sensitivity and pain. If that happens, then you would need emergency dental care.
- Chipped Tooth: It can be caused due to an accidental fall or while eating something hard. If only a small piece of the tooth is chipped off, the dentist might suggest a filling. If that damage is extensive, especially if it is a front tooth, then the dentist might suggest bonding, wherein a tooth-coloured composite resin is used. During an emergency, temporary treatment is suggested by the emergency dentist, until you can visit a dental clinic.
- Broken Denture: Emergency dental care services are required if you have fractured, chipped, or popped-off the entire denture. It mostly happens if you have bitten into a hard piece of food or if you have accidentally dropped it on a hard surface. No matter how it chipped off or got broken, you need to repair it, or else it will feel loose and unstable, causing you discomfort. While in some cases, you might decide to wait until the next appointment, it is, however, best to make use of a 24-hour dental clinic to ensure that there is no further damage.
- Painful Ulcers: While mouth sores or mouth ulcers can be quite painful, they usually heal by themselves within a week or two. There are some over-the-counter treatments available that can help speed up the recovery process. However, if it takes more than two weeks to heal, then it is a sign of an underlying problem. Thus, here, you need to visit your GP or dentist, or if the sore becomes infected, then you need to call the after hours emergency dental helpline.
- Broken Teeth or Knocked-out Tooth: These are some of the other most common types of dental issue that require emergency dental care services. In case of a broken tooth, you need to rinse your mouth gently to remove the broken pieces. To relieve pain and keep the swelling down, you can apply a cold compress on the outside of the mouth, lips or cheek. Likewise, if the tooth is accidentally knocked out, hold the tooth by the crown, gently rinse the tooth to remove dirt and place it back into the socket (if possible) or else place it in a small milk container.
- Accidental Trauma to Teeth including:
- Broken Jaw
- Tooth/Teeth moved out of position
- Tooth/Teeth Luxation (dislocate)
- Bleeding and Sore Gums
Other injuries to the mouth, lips and tongue, lacerations, abrasions, foreign objects, may require the aid of an after hours emergency dentist.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
What to Do if You Have a Dental Emergency?
As you’ve read above, various dental issues fall under ‘emergency dentistry’. On the whole, a dental emergency is anything that requires immediate dental care or treatment. Depending on the severity of the damage or the pain you are experiencing, you need to decide whether you can wait for a scheduled dental appointment or if calling a 24-hour emergency dentist is the right option. The emergency dentist will advise you on the right course of action, depending on the problem.
What Will the Emergency Dentist Do?
Please keep in mind that emergency treatment may not always be possible. But, the 24-hour emergency dentist will offer you valuable advice to curb the problem from aggravating. The advice given will be based on the assessment of the condition based on the phone call and does not constitute treatment. Please call the local hospital if the emergency needs immediate attention.
Will the Emergency Dentist Pull a Tooth?
This only happens if the tooth is beyond saving. An emergency tooth extraction will only be needed if the tooth is severely damaged or decayed. A cracked front tooth that has been deeply fractured to the gumline also needs to be extracted. In some cases, tooth extraction may be the only option to alleviate pain and to stop further damage or decay. Also, dental abscess, in some cases, would require extraction before it spreads to other areas.
Do I Have to Pay the Emergency Dentist?
While the Oris Dental after hours emergency service helpline is a free service, it is important to note that you need to pay the emergency after hours dentist who visits your home to relieve the problem. Most dental practices have an answering machine which is answered the next business day. However, our after hour dental care helpline, ensures that you are connected with the after hours emergency dentist post-haste.
Need After Hours Emergency Dentist in Sunshine Coast?
Most dental emergencies can be avoided with regular dental check-ups. A twice-a-year visit to the dentist can save you a lot of trouble later on. It will also ensure that you enjoy a good oral and general health.
If you need a dentist in Sunshine Coast for after hours emergency dental services, then please feel free to call on (07) 54444308 A/H service number, and for any further assistance, you can contact Oris Dental. We are always available at your convenience!