Common problems associated with wisdom teeth misalignment include:
- Painful and swollen gums.
- Crowding or damaging of surrounding teeth.
- Possible damaging of nerves and jawbone.
If extraction becomes necessary, our team at Oris Dental will provide the safest, most comfortable extraction procedure possible. Even though many fear to get their wisdom teeth removed, at Oris Dental you can expect considerate, efficient dental care from our team every time. If payment is a worry, we can work with you financially to set up a payment plan that fits within your budget as well. For more information, contact us now!
The Extraction Procedure and After Care:
As a reputable dentist in Maroochydore, we carry out the following procedure for wisdom tooth extraction.
- An anaesthetic is applied to the wisdom tooth area and surrounding tissue.
- Once you’re completely numb, the dentist will carefully remove the wisdom tooth.
After the procedure, bleeding and swelling may occur. We will apply gauze to bleeding areas and use ice to reduce swelling. You will be prescribed medication for pain. You will also be asked to maintain a cold liquid and soft food diet for a few days after the procedure, and to avoid brushing the extracted tooth area for the first 24 hours.