|[LayerSliderWP] Slider not found|
|[LayerSliderWP] Slider not found|
If you are new to our practice then… welcome! We hope you enjoy your experience and we look forward to seeing you regularly.
During your first appointment, we want to make sure that we have everything we need to thoroughly understand your dental needs. You will be asked to complete a medical history questionnaire that provides us with a great deal of information about you.
This information allows us to monitor your dental health, taking into account any contributing factors and provide you with a solution that will work for your individual needs.
When the Dentist is ready, your Dental Assistant will call your name and lead you from the waiting room through to the dental surgery. The Dentist and Dental Assistant will introduce themselves and ask if you have any specific concerns or issues with your teeth, gums or appearance of your smile.
With the help of the Dental Assistant, your Dentist will then assess the current condition of your teeth and gums. This is also a great time to talk to us about any concerns you may have. Rest assured that any conversation you have with us will remain strictly confidential as will any information you provide us with on our questionnaire.
The Dentist may request that digital dental x-rays be taken of your teeth and gums during your check-up. A dental x-ray is the only accurate way that the dentist can ‘see’ between the teeth and under fillings.
There are three types of x-rays that your Dentist may suggest depending on the need:
• Small Dental X-Ray – for individual teeth
• OPG – a full mouth x-ray
• 3D Cone Beam X-Ray – shows very fine detail of all structures of the jaw in the three dimensional view especially useful in planning for Dental Implants and wisdom teeth extractions.
Our modern digital equipment will ensure minimal radiation to you and you can see an image of your x-ray on the big TV screen straightaway!
Your Dentist may also offer you a scale and clean to remove tartar build-ups. A professionally applied fluoride application may also be offered to assist in the reduction of dental decay and decrease the sensitivity of your teeth.
At the end of your check-up, your Dentist will discuss the condition of your teeth and gums and outline any suggested treatment options with you. They will provide you with all the information required for you to make a decision if treatment is required. Prior to any future appointments or commencement of work, your Dentist will provide you with a personalized treatment plan outlining treatment options, necessary appointments and fees.
At the conclusion of your appointment your Dentist will lead you back to reception for payment, health fund claiming and booking of additional appointments.
If you do not need to make additional appointments for treatment, you can either make an appointment for your next six monthly check-up at this time or wait until you receive an appointment reminder.
If you have any questions regarding your first appointment, please contact the friendly staff at Oris Dental.
It is impossible for the receptionist to give you a cost for the dental service you require. It is difficult to generalise and put a cost to the required treatment without an examination by a dentist. However we understand that it is important for you to have an estimate of costs before you come in for an appointment.
For this reason, we at Oris Dental are happy to give out approximate fees for routine dental procedures over the phone.
Please call 1300706090/54444308 and if you can describe what you need or provide more specific item codes, we can give you approximate fees.
1. We will provide a courteous and professional service to you and do our utmost to make your dental visit as pleasant as possible. We expect the same courtesy and respect in return.
2. We will provide the highest possible standard of dental care within the ability of your treating dentist and will refer you to appropriate dentists/specialists as required.
4. To arrive for appointment on time. Our practice will send out reminder emails and/or personal phone calls to remind you of your appointment. 24 hour’s notice is expected for cancellations or rescheduling. As courtesy we do not charge a cancellation fee but expect you do not change /cancel appointments on a regular basis.
5. The dental surgery is a sterile environment and we require you to dress appropriately at all times including footwear
6. Medical history forms to be filled out fully and correctly. Any changes in address or medical conditions to be notified to reception.
7. We endeavour to run on time barring unforeseen complications in treatment. Our aim is to see you within fifteen minutes of your appointed time. If any problem should arise in the treatment room, we will advise you of the delay as soon as possible.
8. A treatment plan will be issued at your examination appointment. If the treatment plan alters, which can sometimes occur, a new treatment plan will be issued. The quote is valid for 3 months
9. Attend regularly for exam/clean every 6 months so your dental health can be maintained and warranties on work covered.
10. Payment is required on the day of the treatment provided. Late payment is by pre-approval only and is strictly a seven day account. Any account outside these conditions is subject to administration charges and debt collection fees (25% of invoice value) and any legal costs will be added to the dental bill.
11. Laboratory based work. Part payment is made during the making, i.e. 50% for the crown on prep visit and 50% on completion. Denture payments are split over 4 visits. All payments have to be made before final fitting of prosthesis.
12. Warranties- All minor dental services provided by us come with a 1 year warranty and will be redone free of cost unless otherwise specified.
In case of major dental work like Root canals, Crowns, Veneers and Dental implants we offer a 5 year warranty on the condition that you follow our recommended recall appointments (minimum every 6 months unless otherwise stated) and have all examinations and x-rays as directed by the dentist.
Oris Dental offer interest free payment plan options through Denti-care.
Our practice payment plans are managed by Denti-care direct debit service so we can focus on you and your smile.
This option is designed for premium dental treatment like Cosmetic Dentistry or Dental Implants.
Oris Dental offers personal loans for premium cosmetic or implant dentistry through Mac Credit. The application is made online and most times the approval is instant.
For more details and T’s and C’s contact Debra at the front office or call MacCredit on 1300 884 355. You can apply online directly by clicking