What Is A Dental Crown?
Unlike dental implants, a dental crown is used to cover or “cap” a chipped tooth or a
cracked tooth. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a dental tooth crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment. A dental crown can also be placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function. There are different types of dental crowns available like;
- Porcelain-Fused to Metal Dental Crowns.
- Ceramic Dental Crowns.
- Gold Alloys Dental Crowns.
- Base Metal Alloys Dental Crowns.
- Zirconium Dental Crowns.
Porcelain crowns or lithium disilicate crowns can be matched to the colour of your natural teeth. The alloys dental crowns for teeth are generally stronger than porcelain and may be recommended for back teeth. Porcelain bonded to a metal shell is often used because it is both strong and attractive.
Dental Crown Procedure
At Oris Dental, our aim is to offer the highest quality service to our patients and we have experienced staff at our clinic who are passionate about what they do. Our dental crown procedure is simple and straightforward and includes two separate visits to our clinic.
- On the first visit, we’ll examine your tooth to check if it can support the crown via X-rays. Next, we’ll fill the tooth to the proper shape and take an impression. This impression is then sent to the dental lab, wherein, they’ll fabricate a new dental crown, while a temporary dental cap/crown is placed in its stead to protect that specific area.
- On the second visit, we’ll remove the temporary tooth/teeth crown and cement the permanent crown in its place.
Why Would You Need A Dental Crown?
Oris Dental is all about patient comfort and satisfaction. After a thorough examination, we may recommend a dental crown or a tooth cap to:
- Replace a large filling when there isn’t enough tooth remaining.
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing.
- Restore a fractured, chipped or cracked tooth.
- Attach a dental bridge where the teeth/tooth are missing.
- Cover a dental implant.
- Cover a discoloured or poorly shaped tooth.
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment.
Dental Crowns allow us to keep the teeth you have and build off and improve them. This may be needed for teeth that have a crack, for root canal treated teeth, for weak teeth implants or for a tooth filling that is no longer able to do the job that is required. The results of which is a beautiful set of teeth that will leave you smiling.
Along with our dental crowns services, we also offer other related services such as dental veneers, teeth whitening, tooth decay and cavities treatment and many more services to get you smiling again. In addition, our bite correction service can help improve your comfort while eating and our selection of cosmetic services can help you achieve that perfect white smile you desire.